Thursday, September 23, 2010

JUGS 51 - Color Challenge

Honestly I thought my first real crafting post was going to be about one of the Halloween crafts I am currently working.  Unfortunately, none are ready at the moment and the Just Us Girls #51 - Color Challenge closes tonight and is taking precedence.  Just Us Girls is a weekly card making challenge that I have participated in the past.  This week's challenge is to use the colors red, green and black in your card.  Here is my entry.


Supplies used:
Petal and Leaf Templates from Mainly Flowers
Merry Christmas stamp from Warm Holiday Wishes by Inkadinkado
Red, White & Black Card Stock
Printed Paper was from scraps
Tag, Black Ribbon, Red Seed Beads, Black & Red ink pad, sponge dabber, red Copic marker, glue dots, Elmer's Craft Glue and embossing pen.

To make the poinsettia, I used the used the poinsettia template from the Petal and Leaf Template to print out 12 leaves on red cardstock.  I cut out the leaves, embossed the back with my embossing pen and sponged on red ink.  Then I glued down the first layer of 6 leaves down on a scrap of paper.  The next layer a curled each leaf before I glued it down with glue dots.  Then I made a circle with the Elmer's glue in the center of the flower and carefully poured the seed beads on the glue.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous poinsettia! Lovely card! Wonderful take on the color challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete